Posted: 09 Nov 2020
Passed to us from the Southwest Precinct
In partnership with a few neighborhood groups, and the Seattle Parks Department- the Seattle Police Department is offering virtual Women’s Personal Safety Classes!
Learn proactive tips and step you can take to enhance your personal safety taught by female Seattle Police officers and employees.
Our class goals:
- Know the important role your instincts and gut reactions play
- Discover potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them
- Learn how to make a safety plan
- Decrease the odds of becoming a victim
About the class:
- This is a facilitated discussion and lecture about crime prevention and safety.
- This is not a self-defense class.
- This class is open to women of all ages and most appropriate for young women who are at least 14 years of age or older. For that reason, children should not attend.
- Date: Thursday November 12th at 3:00 PM
- Date: Monday November 23rd at 3:00 PM
If you are unable to attend either of these scheduled classes, don’t worry! We are working on scheduling many more (at varying days/times) in the coming weeks/months.